Virginia Forestry Management
In terms of natural beauty, southwest Virginia rivals any place in the country. The mountains and rolling hills reminded early Scots-Irish settlers of their homeland beckoning them to build homes, farms, and towns that remain to this day. Many families can trace their ancestry back to these early settlers and may even be on the same land.
Southwest Virginia is attractive to visitors and tourists. Some of what draws people to the area include:
- The unmatched beauty of the Blue Ridge Mountains
- The rolling hills and pastureland adding even more to the aesthetics of the area
- The abundance of outdoor activities like hiking, mountain biking, kayaking, rock climbing, and fly fishing
- The charming small towns like Galax, Pulaski, Mouth of Wilson, Floyd, and many others.
In addition to the mountains, valleys, rivers, and rocks, the hardwood forests are one of the area’s best and most prominent natural resources. If you have woodlands on your property in southwest Virginia, you know how important it is to take care of your forests. Church & Church Lumber provides the highest quality forestry management services for property owners in SWVA.
Southwest Virginia Forestry Management Services
Boreal forests, temperate rainforests, dry pine woodlands, northern hardwoods, and a variety of other coniferous and deciduous forest types are among the 300 million hectares of forestland in the United States. There are many different types of forests here in SWVA.
In the last century, the implementation of better forestry management practices has helped woodlands rebound in our area and throughout the country. As a lumber mill and residents of the beautiful southern Appalachian Mountains, we have a vested interest in protecting and preserving healthy forests. Here’s how Church & Church can help you have healthier forests.
Church & Church Forestry Management in Virginia
Forest management refers to the process through which landowners set out to meet their forest's objectives. Proper planning and monitoring of forested lands are essential to attain the objectives in order to maintain health, vitality, the flow of materials, and other aspects such as soil quality, groundwater, wildlife protection, and aesthetics.
For southwest Virginia residents, your plan might look something like this:
- Objectives: Your forestry plan will involve setting goals and objectives.
- Timber Harvesting: To accomplish your goals, your plan may involve assessing your forests to determine if they are ready for harvest. This can help you earn additional income.
- Removing Invasive Species: If you have invasive species on your property, your forestry management plan will likely involve eradicating them.
- Wildlife Management: Your forestry management plan will involve restoring wildlife habitats and making them healthier.
- Wildfire Hazards: Your forestry management plan should likely involve safeguarding against the potential for wildfires.
Church & Church is here to help Virginia land and property owners protect, preserve, and improve the health of their properties. We have extensive experience in forestry management in SWVA. If you have land and property in southwestern Virginia, we would love to talk to you more about how you can help. Contact the team at Church & Church Lumber for more information about forestry management in Virginia.