North Carolina Forestry Management
North Carolina is home to about ten million people, making it the ninth most populated state in the country. For almost forty years, we have been among the fastest-growing regions in the United States, with the population almost doubling since 1980. Much of that growth has been experienced by the Triangle, Charlotte, the Triad, and Wilmington, but almost every county has welcomed new residents.
Does that mean North Carolina is becoming crowded? Absolutely not. There are still many wide-open spaces, wild places, and virtually untouched wilderness. One of the factors that attract new residents to our state is the beauty.
From the ocean and dunes of the coast to the rolling hills of the piedmont, there is plenty to find aesthetically pleasing down east. However, it’s the foothills and mountains of western North Carolina that stand out above the rest. Of course, we’re located in the area, so we might be biased, but some of what makes this part of the state special include:
- Businesses: North Carolina has long been a business-friendly state, attracting many top companies as well as start-ups and small businesses.
- Beauty: There are few places as beautiful as North Carolina.
- Outdoor Activities: North Carolina has some of the best hiking, mountain biking, watersports, and other outdoor activities.
- Property Values: If you buy property in North Carolina, you can typically expect it will rise steadily throughout your ownership.
- People: North Carolina has a long list of residents who have made significant impacts on the world, like Michael Jordan, Mia Hamm, Richard Petty, and Andy Griffith.
If you have property in the foothills and mountains of North Carolina, you know how important it is to protect and preserve it. Church & Church Lumber provides the high-quality forestry management services you need to maintain healthy forests and woodlands.
North Carolina Forestry - Church & Church Forest Management Services
Forest management is the method by which property owners set out to achieve their forest's goals. To achieve the aims of maintaining health, vitality, ongoing resource replenishment, and other elements such as soil quality, hydrology, wildlife protection, and beauty, proper planning, and monitoring of forested areas are required.
How North Carolina Forest Management Services Can Help
The following are some of the problems that might occur when land is not properly managed:
- Your wooded areas are more prone to fire.
- Diseases may wreak havoc on your trees.
- Your earning potential may be squandered.
- Reduced views and land usage availability may lower the value of your home.
- Your trees may succumb to disease and become a hazard.
Forestry management can counter these potential problems:
- Forestry management services can help identify and plan to eradicate invasive species.
- Forestry management services will help you identify fire hazards and remove dangers.
- Forestry management services can help you find ways to restore wildlife habitats.
- Forestry management services can help improve the health of your forests.
- Forestry management plans can help you accomplish the goals you have for your property.
If you are in North Carolina and would benefit from forestry management services, the team at Church & Church is here to help. Contact us today for more information about forestry management in western North Carolina.