Environmentally Friendly Logging Wilkes, NC
Wilkes is growing rapidly, especially since the pandemic. Every year, startups emerge in our area, ranging from restaurants and coffee roasting to digital security and one of the country's largest non-profits. North Wilkesboro was highlighted in USA Today, which dubbed it a "Zoom Town" because of the number of people who take advantage of the flexibility that working remotely provides.
There are many reasons people are relocating to Wilkes:
- People are coming to Wilkes County for a variety of reasons, including:
- Our small-town charm combined with big-city conveniences such as great schools and healthcare
- World-class mountain biking trails at Kerr Scott Lake
- The county is surrounded by beautiful foothills and mountains
- Boone, Blowing Rock, and Winston-Salem are all within an hour's drive
- Excellent shops, beautiful parks, and much more can be found here
It is vital to residents of Wilkes County to protect the beauty of our area.
How Forest Management Helps Protect Wilkes County
When people hear terms like logging, they picture something unsavory, but in reality, when forest management is done properly, it can help the environment.
Environmentally Friendly Logging in Wilkes County, NC
- Wildfires are most commonly associated with forests in the West; however, forest fires can also occur right here in our area. Environmentally friendly logging can help in decreasing the risk of a fire on your land.
- A timber harvester's job includes deciding which trees to cut. As part of the process, unhealthy trees are cut down and removed. This helps to keep fungus and bacteria from spreading and harming nearby trees.
- Environmentally friendly logging helps reduce competition within forests; replanted trees will be able to get the nutrients they need to grow strong.
- Forests can be dangerous because dead or sick trees fall at inopportune times, like when you are hiking in the woods. This can be dangerous. Forest management ensures the removal of harmful trees as soon as possible.
- When replanted forests mature, wildlife habitats can recover better than they were before the timber was cut.
Church & Church Logging Wilkesboro, NC
For over three generations, Church & Church has been part of protecting the forests that make Wilkes special. The Church & Church Lumber Company family of companies controls all of our processes from raw material acquisition, timber harvesting, sawmilling, kiln drying, order specification, and shipping in order to provide best-in-class products and services to our customers.
We help landowners throughout Wilkes, Alexander, Yadkin, and surrounding counties with environmentally friendly forest management and logging services. If you have trees to harvest, we would love to talk to you about how we can help. Contact Church & Church Lumber for logging services that promote healthy forestry.